- May 2022
- November 2020
- August 2020
- June 2020
Prepare your home and your loved ones for hurricane season!
Posted By: PepeGangaOnline.com | Posted On:
Hurricane season begins June 1st and runs through November 30th each year. Unfortunately, we cannot stop an atmospheric phenomenon. However, we can take steps to protect ourselves, and our family, belongings, and home.
- Make a plan.
- Maintain a savings plan and include possible emergency expenses
- Protect your pets.
- Stock your pantry with nonperishable food to last a minimum of 4 days for each member of your family.
- Get emergency supplies, medications and cleaning provisions.
- Inspect your property and fix any existing damages that may cause problems.
- Make a list of necessary items in your home in case of an emergency and purchase them before hurricane season.
- Place your car(s) in a secure parking spot.
- If you have children, prepare a backpack or entertainment box with board games, coloring books, and crayons.
- If you have a pet you must have food and water for a minimum of 4 days, and a kennel or carrying case.
- Store water for daily use.
- Prepare an envelope with your most important documents (id, copy of your insurance policy, property titles, passport, social security, birth certificate, among others).
Here are some items that you should include in your shopping list which you can purchase at your nearest Pepe Ganga:
- Candles, lanterns or lamps
- Batteries and matches
- First aid kit
- Disposable plates and utensils
- Toilet paper
- Sanitary towels
- Gas stove
- Buckets or garbage cans to store water
- Drinking water
- Nonperishable food
- Chlorine and disinfectant products
- Garbage bags
- Battery-powered radio
- Waterproof backpacks
- Tools, ropes and tape
We urge you to prepare ahead of time! Visit our stores and remember you can easily make your Lay Away for these items with just one dollar!